Thursday 11 April 2013

Offset


At the weekend I went to the creative arts festival "Offset."  It was held in the Bord Gas Energy Theatre in Dublin and for  three days it was home to some of the best Irish and International illustrators, designers, photographers, advertising agents, animators and artists.  They all took to the stage to give hour long presentations about their work, influences, backgrounds and how they established their career.  The event boasted some big names like legendary graphic designer Bob Gill and world renowned photographer Oliviero Tuscani, who for me, was the highlight of my weekend.
For me I was mostly interested in seeing illustrators and graphic designers and I was delighted that I got to see some really unique and quirky people.  People who stood out the most for me were Hannibal & Hvass,  Ben Newman,  Kate Moross and Calef Brown.
Overall it was a really fun and inspiring weekend.  My mind is brewing with so many creative ideas from dutch wooden sneakers to Damien Hurst telephones!
http://iloveoffset.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment