Wednesday 24 July 2013

Practise!

Here is a pactise patch I've been working on. The quality is quite poor, I've been finding the software animata very buggy and have had to do alot of redesign in regards to illustrations. I am working with a kinect which sends osc messages to Max Msp which then sends messages to animata. Max can only take readings up to 999 and these numbers relate to your position on the x or y axis in Animata, I took quite some time to figure out that the numbers were being sent the pixels in the images used in Animata, I'd been working with quite large images up to 3000 x 3000 which only a third of the image in Animata was being utilised and the images became shortened and deformed.

Anywhoo! I resolved some of these issues and came up with this patch to practise with. The images, sound, animation aren't great but I intend to improve upon this drastically over the next couple of weeks!
 
Animata, Max, Msp, Kinect. from Eva Daly on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment