Thursday 16 May 2013

"Fill in the Gap" Exhibition in the hunt Museum


Finally have my pieces for the Hunt Museum exhibition in frames! I decided upon getting fluorescent coloured frames, I really liked the idea of having quite garish colours in with the permanent collection, which is very am.... not fluorescent! I'm very happy with the result the frames definitely add to the pieces.
1
2





Title
Piece 1: ”Queen Of Hearts”
Piece 2: “Shake It”

 Caption
”Queen Of Hearts”
 Original sreenprints, editition ¼.  Acryllic printed on Fabriano.
“Shake It”
Original sreenprints, editition ¼.  Acryllic printed on Fabriano.

Artist Statement
I wanted to create piece coinciding with the Henry Moore sketches.  With the idea "fill in in the gap", in mind I was looking at the pieces as unfinished and essentially needing filling in.  
I wanted to take the pieces and transform them into something entirely new and contemporary, giving them a Pop Art/ Low-brow twist. Considering Andy Warhol’s motif of turning pop culture into fine art, I want to turn Fine art into pop culture, turning classical sketches into nauseatingly bright and colourful screenprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment