Wednesday 15 May 2013

PANDA DANCE!! Processing and Pure Data


PANDA DANCE! from Eva Daly on Vimeo.



I created my visuals through Processing. I scaled the data between 1-0 which ment if I wanted the colour of the ellipses to change, It would be multiplied 255.  Processing then recieved messages from pure data.
I drew ellipses into processing that would change position, with different frequency that were being sent from pure data.  I also assigned different coloured backgrounds to the different frequency.  I then imported images I had drawn, scanned, then photoshoped.  Different images would also appear at different frequency to make it appear as if the panda was dancing in time with the music. 

Pure Data






                    Above are the different frequencies being sent form Pure Data to Processing.

Music Loaded in Pure Data "Put on your dancing shoes" by Arctic Monkeys.

Here is the code for Processing.



No comments:

Post a Comment