Wednesday 22 May 2013

Staged Photography

In early April I went to the creative arts festival  OFFSET, where various artists, designers, illustrators and photographers came and gave presentations about their work.  I noticed a trend that a lot of designers where using staged photography in their work, using handmade objects in natural settings for example HVASS&HANNIBAL who mage an oragami sphere and hung it in the woods, it was then made into an album cover.

So I decided I would try an experiment with some staged photography myself.  I wouldn't have the patience or the time to construct something quite as interesting as an oragami sphere so I improvised!
I bought some second hand clothes of different colours and textures and ripped them to shreds, then tied them around a wooden box.  I thought it might create a nice contrast of colours and textures.  Heres a couple of shots of what i did!

No comments:

Post a Comment